Google Summer of Code 2007 has ended yesterday and all students have to put their pencils down but that doesn't stop me from releasing some binary builds for MacOS X and Windows. Here is the promised update.
I've achieved all goals I mentioned in my application but there are still some bugs in the formprovider and formdesigner. So if you find them please post them at issue.ayena.de or contact me.
I've worked mainly on the formprovider since last release; therefore there haven't been any big changes in the designer. It's completely controllable via ad-hoc commands, results are stored either in CSV or XML, you can set time frames when you publish some form to users, upload designed forms via file transfer and even download the results through file transfer.
What's left to do is, well, there are people who like it...DOCUMENTATION. To be more precisely, end-user documentation and tutorials which show how easy the formdesigner is to use and how you can use the formproivder to provide those forms to your users.
|dataformdesignersuite.0.2.dmg||Universal binaries for Intel and PPC Macs||7.88 MB|
|dataformdesignersuite.0.2.zip||Binaries for Win (32-bit)||1.40 MB|
|dataformdesignersuite.0.2.tar.bz2||Source package(You'll need gloox and fltk2!)||188 KB|
A lot has changed since the last blog post which is just about one week ago. The designer of the data form designer suite for xmpp is ready for some bug testing so I released an alpha release 0.1.0 of it. Now I'm going to concentrate on the console form provider. So feel free to test it and report bugs under my JID. At the bottom of the page there are downloads for the sources of the designer and prebuild binaries for windows.
Here is a small screencast which shows nearly all the forms which are supported by the designer and how to change access control. Just click on the image below.
Here are two screenshots which show the form you just saw in the screencast displayed by Psi and Tkabber. I created the form with the designer and saved my work. Then I've just opened the XML file and copied the form XML into the XML console of my jabber client. Later you'll upload the XML form file from the designer just to the data form provider of this suite and this provider will then send the form on-demand out to the users and store the results.
|formdesigner-0.1.0-src.7z||02abb199 c93d0447 da12d9da fcdaa363||bb341326 67a03b18 9343cf4b bac3945b 82ea4541||251.45 KB|
|formdesigner-0.1.0-src.zip||377c587d f8b0c36a 8a21e44f ea58215b||d6fa9440 d3560917 cb468ee6 ae9acf6f cd6f5a8e||342.78 KB|
|formdesigner-0.1.0-win.7z||5ee24882 6c621c18 078bafa0 c806b16a||890343ed a9fb0173 d4812802 1f736f64 79c9b839||692.78 KB|
|formdesigner-0.1.0-win.zip||cbafda9f d158e14c 0e4aaba5 81df12b8||3aa64a64 c81c8c7f f9a654c1 c0790943 6be12bce||1.08 MB|
After clearing some issues about jid-single and jid-multi field type in XEP-0004 I've just started to implement these last field types which were missing last week.
I've also send in a patch for which makes fltk::ToggleItem and fltk::RadioItem work in fltk::Browser and fltk::MultiBrowser. All other field types are now implemented. Source code documentation which is real-time synchronised with project's repository is available at doc.ayena.de.
Back to normal life. We(my class) got standing ovations and had a lot fun. Now to Google Summer of Code. My plan for this week is to finish coding all data field representations and get a save/load function done on the weekend. In short: back to coding.
My application for Google Summer of Code 2007 has been accepted today so I’ll spend some time of the summer coding a XMPP Data Form Designer Suite. Some short infos for now about that suite. It’ll cover a RAD like GUI designer for the data forms and bots who will later provide the form using Ad-Hoc Commands and Data Forms to the clients which request it. You can use this suite to create specific member bots, run polls and this kind of stuff.